2014 Holiday Gift Guide for Foodies & Health Nuts
Anxious gift givers & last minute shoppers rejoice, the 2014 ASK FOR SECONDS Foodie & Health Nut’s Gift Guide is here! I’ve taken the guess work out gift giving this Christmas and rounded up the very best healthy gifts for 2014. You won’t be giving away any stale popcorn tins this year.
$10 and Under & Stocking Stuffers
1. Misto Olive Oil Sprayer – $9.29
Ditch the Pam (and chemicals) and start spraying your pans with something appetizing.
3. OXO Good Grips Bottle Cleaning Brush – $4.99
Tea infusers don’t have to be boring. Check out “Fred and Friends,” a company that makes awesome tea infusers shaped like manatees, dinosaurs, and even the “Teatanic.” These are the perfect size for stuffing in stockings.
$25 and Under
The perfect gift for your favorite gardener.
10. Tea Forte Organic Sampler Tea Collection in Ribbon Box – $21.80
When it comes to maple syrup, most people agree that Grade B has the best flavor and is good for many uses. The grades are not given based on quality, but darkness and intended use. The darker the syrup, the stronger the flavor. Grade “D” is the darkest and is especially good for baking.
13. 16 ” Tempered Glass Cutting Board – $14.52
Although wood and bamboo cutting boards are nice, glass is much easier to clean and maintain. I use mine almost daily.
For precise chefs, or heirs to older recipe books, this set of measuring spoons makes a great gift because it includes measurements for a dash, pinch, and smidgen.
15. Whiskey Stones – $21.97
16. Super Immunity: The Essential Nutrition Guide for Boosting Your Body’s Defenses to Live Longer, Stronger, and Disease Free, by Joel Fuhrman, M.D. – $19.70 Hardcover ($11.83 Paperback)
17. Marble Rolling Pin – $18.99
18. Marble Mortar & Pestle – $17.11
$50 and Under
17. Old Stone Oven 14-Inch by 16-Inch Flat Baking Stone – $41.99
18. Honeyville Blanched Almond Meal Flour, 5 lbs. – $44.99
19. The Spice Lab Gourmet Sea Salt Sampler Collection – $44.95
20. Stoneware Rectangular Baker – $40.88
$100 and Under
This one is on my Christmas List! Ever since we went on vacation I’ve been wanting a blender to make these amazing coconut drinks (Coco Loco!) we had in the Dominican Republic. I researched blenders for a few days before deciding on this one. Based on my research, it seems to be the most power/durability you can find in a glass jar blender.
I have one of these glass bowls and use it all the time (it was on my Christmas list last year). I wanted it because I don’t like to put my pretty metal one in the dishwasher for fear of discoloration & scratches. I can throw this one in the dishwasher and forget about it. My only complaint is that it doesn’t thread into the base as nicely or as easily as the metal bowls.
24. Whole Spice Organic Jar Gift Set, 8 Pound – $78.92
$250 and Under
25. Instant Pot 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker – $137.02 This pressure cooker has a removable stainless steel insert, so it’s healthy and easy to clean. The food is cooked under high or low pressure, or none if you choose, as you can even slow cook and saute. This machine can be used for canning and making meat, bread, pasta, vegetables, soups, rice, puddings, yogurts and more. A friend of mine told me he wanted to buy a pressure cooker, so I spent three hours one morning researching all the options. This pressure cooker blows the others away. He lent it to me for a couple of months, and I can attest, this thing is awesome!
26. KitchenAid 5-Qt. Artisan Series Stand Mixer – Price varies by color.
The KitchenAid stand mixer is a classic. It is never the wrong gift, only the wrong color.
27. Wüsthof Gourmet 14-Piece Deluxe Knife Block Set – $249.99
There you have it! For convenience, I tried to only select items eligible for free shipping from Amazon on orders over $35. Otherwise, you can get free two-day shipping on your entire purchase, no minimum, by signing up for a free trial of Amazon Prime.